Antigo Daily Journal
space
space Front Page Calendar & Events Classifieds News Obituaries Opinion/Letters Sports Subscribe
Council OKs city improvements
space
The Antigo Common Council session on Wednesday night was brief, but coincided with a hour-long presentation by the Langlade County Economic Development Corporation by executive director Chris Berry on its continuing marketing and tourism projects around the city and surrounding area.

The majority of the actual agenda pertained to street improvement projects set to begin this summer.

A $135,961 bid from Northeast Asphalt was approved with an eight to zero voting trend that continued for the remainder of the evening. The project focuses on the reconstruction of the area near Watson Street and Ninth Avenue.

The area included in the reconstruction includes Watson Street from Ninth to 10th Avenue and Ninth Avenue from Field to Aurora streets. Northeast Asphalt will provide resurfacing and curb, gutter and some sidewalk repairs.

Major sidewalk repairs will be undertaken by Duffek Sand and Gravel as accepted by the council. Costs will be $5.84 per square foot for the intended sidewalk project. Area property owners will provide 75 percent of the sidewalk improvement cost with the city facilitating the remaining 25 percent.

Also approved was the Hotel/Motel Economic Development Fund annual payment of $1,000 for the Parks, Recreation and Cemetery Departmentís labor costs to facilitate two local baseball tournaments.

Fees for the Healthy Ways Walk on June 4, the Boys and Girls Club of Langlade County Be Great 5K run on June 14 and the Antigo Head Start Stand for Childrenís Day on May 17 have been waived per council vote.

Lastly, $600 will be allocated for the Music in the Park programís brochure printing costs this summer, with funding provided from the Hotel/Motel Room Tax Funds.
space
2014 space
ANTIGO DAILY
JOURNAL
612 Superior Street
Antigo, WI 54409
Phone: 715-623-4191
Fax: 715-623-4193
Mail to: Fred Berner
MapOnUs Location: (local)

WEEKLY
JOURNAL
EXPRESS
612 Superior Street,
Antigo, WI 54409
Phone: 715-623-4191
Fax: 715-623-4193
Mail to: Fred Berner
MapOnUs Location: (local)

*Member WNA & NNA

space
Quick
News Search

Enter Key Word
space
space


Material on this web site has a
copyright by Antigo Daily Journal.
All rights reserved.
© 2000-2014
space